The principles of design describe the ways that artists use the elements of art in a work of art. Balance is the distribution of the visual weight of objects, colors, texture, and space. If the design was a scale, these elements should be balanced to make a design feel stable. Getty.edu
Color theory is both the science and art of using color. It explains how humans perceive color; and the visual effects of how colors mix, match or contrast with each other. Color theory also involves the messages colors communicate; and the methods used to replicate color. 99 designs
- How Room Designs Affect Your Work and Mood
- Sunshine, Serotonin, and Skin: A Partial Explanation for Seasonal Patterns in Psychopathology?
- Children’s Emotional Associations with Colors
- Aesthetics and Well-Being: How Interior Design Affects Your Happiness
- Outside In: Things Are Looking Up – How Ceilings Shape Behavior