FFH Montessori Lessons at Home is a student-centered program designed to give each child a personalized approach to their education. This supports and encourages their personal and academic development.
- Planning – Through student-centered learning, our educational professionals will guide you to create an educational environment. Together with you, we will nurture your child’s curiosity and love of learning and promote their social, emotional, and intellectual development.
- Progress Tracking – We regularly review and offer feedback of notes recorded in our Parent Observation Journal. This journal is a private log where you can add notes during your child’s participation in the program. Our trained instructors will read notes weekly and make adjustments to your child’s program accordingly. Observation is the keystone to an individualized and responsive education.
- Flexible Schedule – You and your child have the flexibility to complete your lesson plans when the time is right for you. Your trained instructor will coach you through difficulties such as keeping your child engaged, prolonging their concentration, and learning to work independently. Each family is different and our programs are designed to respond accordingly.
- Group Learning – In addition to your child’s personalized lesson plan, your child will have the opportunity to join optional online group classes. Families enrolled in our Montessori Lessons at Home program will receive an invitation to group classes that will include date, time, materials and set-up instructions.
How does it work?
In order to help you create the plan that best serves your child, we need to first meet you. We will start with an initial video consultation. This initial video consultation determines educational and environmental needs:
- Prior to the visit, you will complete a questionnaire to help us understand your goals, expectations, and areas of concern for your child’s education at home.
- During your 30 minute virtual visit, you will give a tour of the spaces your child will use during their educational time at home.
- Your trained educational consultant will create a personalized environment/home classroom plan. This plan will detail ideas for changes and/or additions to your home environment to maximize your child’s educational experience at home. This may include; moving furniture, adding furniture, and organizing toys and materials.
Personalized Lesson Plans
Next we will create a personalized lesson plan for you to follow and from which to prepare.
- You will receive an interactive PDF schedule full of activities based on your child’s age, personality, interests, and development. These activities will be chosen monthly, and may be adapted based on the observations you add to the Parent Observation Journal.
- Lesson plans are to be reviewed by the parent prior to the day to present. Some lessons may require that you gather or make materials for the most successful introduction of the material. However our goal is to design lessons using what you already have at home.
- Parents will have access to password protected lessons in their personalized portal. This will ensure that you are accessing the lessons designed for your child.
- Monthly online classes – optional live classes. You may find that occasionally you want your child to participate in an online class. Classes may include, baking, gardening, science, art, and sensorial activities. (the online classes are optional)
- Parent Observation Journal
- By-monthly adjustments to lesson plans and response to observations
- All children are unique and how they learn is dependent on their particular circumstances. You may find that one week your child is very interested in repeating just one activity, and the next week your child is moving through a series of activities. If your child were in school, your child’s teacher would observe this and make changes accordingly. With our parent Observation journal, your educational coach will make suggestions and changes based on your notes. You essentially become the translator for the teacher, as the teacher is unable to observe your child at home.
- Monthly parent Q&A
Although one goal of education is to inspire your child to learn to work more independently, depending on your child’s age and personality, some activities may require more adult interaction than others. We recommend that your child always be supervised, even when working independently.
What does it cost?
Enrollment in the Program
$275: initial consultation ($250 value), environment plan, and one month of personalized lesson plans for one child, optional online classes, access to the Parent Portal, access to and feedback from an AMI trained educational professional, monthly parent Q & A, and private Parent Observation Journal.
$125/month: monthly personalized lesson plans for one child, optional online classes, access to the Parent Portal, access to and feedback from an AMI trained educational professional, monthly parent Q & A, and private Parent Observation Journal.
Semester Package (sold out)
$835/semester: Initial consultation, environment plan, 6 months of lesson plans for one child, optional online classes, access to the Parent Portal, access to and feedback from an AMI trained educational professional, monthly parent Q & A, and private Parent Observation Journal. ($900 value)
More than one child at home? Contact us for family pricing.Sarah@familyfriendlyhome.com